Are you thinking of hiring an Orlando Wedding Planner?
Are You Taking the Wedding Into Your Own Hands?
There are some people whose personality is perfectly suited to planning their own wedding. These individuals are able to make the arrangements like a pro. In their spare time, they may even be able to create decorations for the wedding and centerpieces for the reception. Conversely, there are those individuals that should never be trusted with such things. Not everyone is cut out to be a planner, of well, anything. If the following traits describe you, it is best to leave the wedding arrangements to someone more qualified.
When You Should NOT be You’re Own Wedding Planner:
- You are not very organized: Individuals who are not organized should never agree to plan their own wedding. Successful planning requires that an individual be supremely organized. There is a lot to keep track of and if a person is not able to, they are better off leaving the planning to an expert or at least relying heavily on friends of family to help with the organization.
- You hate to be in charge: planning requires a take-charge attitude. People that are afraid of conflict, who are unwilling to negotiate and do not like telling others what to do, are not well suited for this gig. They should thus, pass it on to someone that is.
- You are not a people person: When it comes to wedding planning a certain amount of schmoozing is required. The old adage is true, you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Being nice is sometimes the best way to get what you want and need. People who are not inclined to working well with others need not apply for the job of wedding planner, even if is their own wedding.
- The thought of planning the reception and ceremony bores you to tears: For some individuals, the idea of planning a wedding is incredibly exciting. For others, it is anything but. It is those that fall into the latter category who should avoid planning their own wedding. A person that is not in the least bit interested in planning a wedding will tend to procrastinate and probably will not have the best attitude. It might be in the best interest of everyone involved to have someone else do the hard work of wedding planning.
- You are not flexible. Planning a wedding will be very difficult for you if you are not flexible in your approach. If you can not compromise a little. Of course, every bride and groom will have some things they are not willing to substitute. For example, if you are planning a rustic themed reception you will probably not want glittery table clothes.
- You’re super busy with other responsibilities. Many brides & grooms have a full time jobs or they are full time students. This makes it very challenging to plan your special day.
Though at first glance, wedding planning may seem easy enough, it is anything but. It requires a great deal of organization, know-how and the ability to work well with others. It will not be well suited for everyone. Individuals that are not well organized, who hate to be in charge, and would rather be doing anything else then planning a wedding, probably are not a good fit.
Conversely, there are some individuals who would do a great job at planning their own wedding. Individuals that are naturally take-charge types of people, who work well with others, who like to be in control and who are well organized are great candidates for planning their own wedding. These types of individuals are likely to do a fantastic job, perhaps even as good and maybe even better, than a paid professional.
Individuals will need to be honest with themselves regarding whether or not they are suited to take care of everything themselves. Those that are not, should allow someone who is, to be in charge. Doing so will make life easier for everyone involved.
If you are looking for an Orlando Wedding Planner or you decide to do your own planning, we are here to help. We can recommend a top notch planner to help you plan an amazing ceremony and reception.